Forum du serveur du Commandant Thor Index du Forum Forum du serveur du Commandant Thor
La communauté du serveur Cdtthor se rassemble ici :)

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
 ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

My Soul Looks Back A Memoir

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Forum du serveur du Commandant Thor Index du Forum -> Commandant Thor -> News du serveur ! :D
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
karpai
Confirmés

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 20:05 (2017)    Sujet du message: My Soul Looks Back A Memoir Répondre en citant

My Soul Looks Back: A Memoir
by Jessica B. Harris
rating: 4.0 (2 reviews)

->>>DOWNLOAD BOOK My Soul Looks Back: A Memoir
READ BOOK My Soul Looks Back: A Memoir

In this captivating new memoir, award-winning writer Jessica B. Harris recalls a lost era—the vibrant New York City of her youth, where her social circle included Maya Angelou, James Baldwin, and other members of the Black intelligentsia.<BR><BR>In the Technicolor glow of the early seventies, Jessica B. Harris debated, celebrated, and danced her way from the jazz clubs of the Manhattan's West Side to the restaurants of the Village, living out her buoyant youth alongside the great minds of the day—luminaries like Maya Angelou, James Baldwin, and Toni Morrison. My Soul Looks Back is her paean to that fascinating social circle and the depth of their shared commitment to activism, intellectual engagement, and each other.<BR> <BR>Harris paints evocative portraits of her illustrious friends: Baldwin as he read aloud an early draft of If Beale Street Could Talk, Angelou cooking in her California kitchen, and Morrison relaxing at Baldwin’s house in Provence. Harris describes her role as theater critic for the New York Amsterdam News and editor at then burgeoning Essence magazine; star-studded parties in the South of France; drinks at Mikell’s, a hip West Side club; and the simple joy these extraordinary people took in each other’s company. The book is framed by Harris’s relationship with Sam Floyd, a fellow professor at Queens College, who introduced her to Baldwin.<BR> <BR>More than a memoir of friendship and first love My Soul Looks Back is a carefully crafted, intimately understood homage to a bygone era and the people that made it so remarkable.

Details:
price: $9.66
bound:
publisher: Scribner (May 9, 2017)
lang: English
asin:
isbn: 1501125907, 978-1501125904,
weight: 8.8 ounces (
filesize:

My Soul Looks Back: A Memoir book google docs

Tags: get free, pdf download full book, book download, book 4Shared, free eReader touch how download reader, read without register, download french, book pdf, download eng book, torrent download 1337x, fb2 online find book сhapter, free doc, link without registering selling online ebook

(See what I did there)From the synopsis, I thought this would be a book about lively times with famous peopleNATIONAL MEDIA LAUNCHShe spoke about the people but didn't give more details about them that would have made this more of a fascinating read.But it was no matter; Harris and I had no shortage of things to discussWhat I'm Watching For- July 2017by Leila Roy on July 3, 2017 Summer Rerunsby Julie Danielson on June 30, 2017 Off to Summer Campby Leila Roy on June 29, 2017 Very good and feel good bookIt was interesting and made you want to keep readingAs the years passed and she grew more secure in her own identity, she and Clemens drifted apartFrom the synopsis, I thought this would be a book about lively times with famous peopleI did not even get a good sense of Baldwin, who was so prominent in this bookContinue reading the main story Advertisement Continue reading the main story She left college at the peak of the political and social unrest of the 1960sInvalid email addressMay 16, 2017 Read In Colour rated it really liked it An amazing memoir of the author's time in James Baldwin's inner circle of friends that included Maya Angelou, Rosa Guy, Paule Marshall, Toni Morrison and other literary wondersThey overlapped as young journalists at Essence, and Grosvenor wasnt ecstatic when Harris began writing a food and travel column for the magazine.Verta and I both traveled in the world of the African diaspora, and we were two Black women in a field that some felt could hold only one, Harris writes

Shes not unaware of thisThe memoir spans the globe and several decades to describe the fascinating group.Harris was in .Read full article> SIMILAR BOOKS SUGGESTED BY OUR CRITICS:NonfictionWILD WOMEN DON'T WEAR NO BLUES by Marita Golden NonfictionA SONG FLUNG UP TO HEAVEN by Maya Angelou NonfictionJAMES BALDWIN by David Leeming Harris' life was a joy to readPlease try againThank you for subscribingflag 3 likesLike see review I picked up this book expecting some level of insight on the intellectual world of Baldwin, Angelou, and the others name-dropped continuously throughout, but beyond the occasionally illuminating descriptions of daily life, food, scenes of gatherings, and spaces themselves, there was little insight to be found about anyone (including Harris herself) in the pagesContact Us Work With Us Advertise Your Ad Choices Privacy Terms of Service Terms of Sale Site Information Navigation Site Map Help Site Feedback Subscriptions Its not a tell-all book 48a4f088c3

Menschen im Krieg (German Edition)Journals Kept in France and Italy From 1848 to 1852, Vol. 2 of 2: With a Sketch of the Revolution of 1848 (Classic Reprint)Super Max-Dipole AntennasThe Serial Killers, Book 2: The Female Serial KillersBota e Fantazise (The World Of Fantasy): chapter 07 - Problems in schoolThe Real Billy Sunday: The Life and Work of REV. William Ashley Sunday, D. D., the Baseball EvangelistIn Memoriam: William Brown Spooner, Born in Petersham, Massachusetts, April 20, 1806, Died in Boston, Massachusetts, October 28, 1880 (Classic Reprint)The Noble Cause: The inside story of policing in the 1980&rsquo;s and 1990&rsquo;s in Birmingham and Walsall, by two former police officers with collectively more than 70 years experience in CID and USuperhero Anastasia: A 6 x 9 Lined Journal NotebookWar of Kings Prelude: Road to War of Kings Omnibus

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 20:05 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Forum du serveur du Commandant Thor Index du Forum -> Commandant Thor -> News du serveur ! :D Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
World of Warcraft phpBB template "WoWMoonclaw01" created by MOONCLAW/MAËVAH(EU-Sinstralis/EU-Illidan) (v1.05) - http://www.wowcr.net/templates
© World of Warcraft and Blizzard Entertainment are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. wowcr.net is in no way associated Blizzard Entertainment.